Oohyey.com

Oohyey.com
Buy online at oohyey

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Australian Open Tennis

It's been fantastic watching the 2014 Aussie Open tennis. As I am working online from home and by myself (save for the occasional coffee visitation of friends), it's great to have tv coverage both day and night. I'm a tennis fan and bit player/weekend warrior myself, so I enjoy watching the sport. The weather in Melbourne has been furiously hot, so the players are really being made to earn their money this year.

The main players like Roger Federer, Raphael Nadal and Serena Williams are starting to age or wear. They're still red-hot favorites, but there are some great up and coming players emerging who are no doubt hungry for Grand Slam success. The Australian Open is played in the warmer part of the Aussie summer and many players get caught out for not being able to handle the heat after a short Christmas layoff or coming from the cooler European climes.

The first four days of the tennis tournament are my favorite days and I used to go to the event every year on each of those days. You get to see all the players, all the different nationalities, their fans and support teams, all the world's media and tourists who follow the tennis circuit. There's a real humdrum of excitement and activity and everyone is happy and full of hope for their favorite players. The tickets are also cheaper on these days and you get to pick from lots of matches to go and see on the main stadium courts and outside courts as well.

This year I won't be going to the Australian Open! I'm 3 hours away and working diligently to get oohyey.com up and running. It's fun working from home and listening and watching the tennis. I'm so glad I don't have to commute to the city these days. The best part of 3 hours every day traveling by train, not being paid for that time! I'm not being paid for my time right now, but at least I am on MY TIME. Juggling Bonanza, eBid and Addoway is fun and I'm learning a lot from trying to set up different online stores.

I'm not one for having the tv or radio going as I work throughout the day, but the tennis is a welcome exception. There have already been some epic four and five set matches and I really enjoy Jim Courier's commentary during the men's matches. I'm hopeful Pam Shriver might be around to commentate some of the ladies matches. When I was in school, we used to dread and make fun of Wendy Turnbull doing it and reminiscing about the 'good old days!'


No comments:

Post a Comment